Wondering which ice cream maker would suit your ice cream business? Well, we’ve got you covered.
First and foremost, you need to focus your attention on your budget. Commercial ice cream makers can be very pricey. These require you to have a good business plan and a clear mind on what you want to invest in.
One more thing, have a steady supply of raw materials. Dead time can be your biggest loss and you do not want to have a machine sitting idle for days. With that in mind, let’s get started.
You see, ice cream business is very fulfilling. It has great returns and bringing smiles to your customers will also brighten your day. Make the best treats and orders will come knocking. People love tasty ice cream treats and will build a strong relationship if you can deliver on their tastes, cravings and preferences.
What Do You Need For Commercial Ice Cream Making?
- Blast freezer
- Reliable commercial ice cream maker
- Ice cream counter/display
- Storage facility-raw materials and ice cream
These will be the bare minimum to get you started. Get a good location, legalize the business and you are good to go. Now the question remains, which is the right commercial ice cream maker? The ice cream maker reviews below should help you answer that question.
What Determines The Right Commercial Ice Cream Maker?
Anyone you talk to about commercial ice cream machines will tell you to strike a balance between the market and production. This is a little tricky especially for a starter. You shouldn’t worry though. With the right machine the market won’t be a bother. Now this is what defines the right ice cream machine;
- Should be easy to operate. Invest in a machine that won’t give you a hard time running. It should be automatic and programmable. A machine with ergonomic buttons to select time, ingredients, texture and flavors will be a great option.
- The machine should have optimum performance. You do not want to deal with inconsistencies or unnecessary downtime.
- It should be efficient. It should make the best of the ingredients and have little wastage. The functions should also be efficient to save on running costs.
- It should have a hermetically sealed refrigeration unit. This is necessary in avoiding ice cream contamination. Remember there are regulations that guide human food production.
- Should have air cooled condensers. These condensers are not only cheap to run and maintain but also avoid contamination of ice cream by refrigerants.
- Should be cheap and easy to maintain. Breakdowns shouldn’t stall your business. You should be able to get the machine up and running in the least time possible. Its spare parts should also be affordable and easy to get.
- Should yield optimum overrun. This is possible with machines with piston pumps. These pistons feed air into the mixture while the beater scraps all the mixture from the walls.
- Should be made of non-corrosive materials. Preferably, all parts that get into direct contact with your ice cream should be made of stainless steel. Steel is non-corrosive and is easy to clean and maintain.
- Should be CFC free. CFC renewable machines may also be used. These makers are environmental friendly.
- The cream maker should have a thermostat. This aids in control of temperatures. It will make it possible to maintain optimum temperatures within narrow ranges. This way, you can store ice cream safely throughout the night.
- It should be high quality. The machine manufacturer or supplier should give you a warranty and be ready to undertake maintenance or repair.
Here Are Five Of The Best Commercial Ice Cream Makers
Best Ice Cream Maker For Fried Ice Cream Rolls And Fried Ice Cream
1. VEVOR 740W Fried Commercial Ice Roll Maker
The introduction of fried ice cream had a huge impact on the market. More and more people are now turning to the fried ice cream. This opens up the market to ice cream machine manufacturers and Vevor happens to be one of the best in the field. Their trademark machine is best suited for dessert shops, bakeries, ice cream parlors and hotels.
This commercial ice cream maker comes with six buckets and one pan. The bucket’s diameter is 7 inches while the pans depth is 0.78 inches/2 cm. This makes it a considerably huge machine and will deliver adequate amounts of ice cream.
The machine has an in built thermal insulation system. This goes a long way in conserving energy. It will save on energy while maintaining the ice cream in the best state and shape.
The Vevor maker can be used to make soft ice cream. Its ability to make ice in less than a minute makes it very effective in food preservation. Your ice cream quality will not be compromised.
Many users have praised this machine for its ease of use. Most of its functions are automated. The operator simply plugs it and the ice making process begins.
- Size: 34 x 30 x 23 Inches
- Weight: 126.4 pounds
- Power: 740 Watts
- Pan : 13.7 inches diameter
- Voltage: 60 Hz/110 Volts
Excellent Single Flavor Frozen Yogurt
2. COSTWAY Automatic Three flavor Commercial Ice Cream Machine
Technology has made it possible to introduce easy to use ice cream makers. The Costway Commercial soft ice cream machine is one of the easiest machines to operate. It comes with an LED screen and microcomputer that make it seemingly effortless to operate. It incorporates some of the latest technology making it stand out.
The Costway maker has an edge in the market not only for its ergonomic design but also for its added features. This is a machine that gives more than just quality ice cream. It keeps record of the sold ice cream, something you may not find in rival ice cream makers. Your accounts reconciliation will be easy and will go a long way in helping understand your business progress.
The process of making ice cream is fully automated. The machine will continually make consistent ice cream provided that the cylinder has the ice cream mix. Once the ice cream has achieved the desired hardness, the machine will alert the operator. It also lights up and gives an alert when ice cream mix levels fall thus avoiding over freezing.
Most ice cream vendors are concerned about contamination. This is catered for by this classic machine. The machine is fitted with a pre-cool feature. This is the feature that ensures that the ice cream mix is free of contamination and remains fresh. With this feature, the mix will sit in the machine overnight and still feel and taste fresh.
Accurate temperatures are vital in the ice cream making process. To cater for this, the Costway ice cream maker is fitted with a R404A refrigerant. This refrigerant is environmental safe and makes it possible to achieve fast cooling.
The ice cream maker’s body is made of stainless steel. This is one of the best materials as it doesn’t contaminate the ice cream mix. It’s also easy to clean and maintain.
- Size: 29 H x 28 W x 21 L inches
- Weight: 205 pounds
- Output: 2200Watts
- Power: 60Hz/120Volts
- Hopper capacity: 7L
- Refrigerant: R404A/200g
- Condenser: Copper aluminum blade
Best For Camps, Churches And Recreation
3. Happybuy Hard Ice Cream Machine
Cold ice cream treats make outings more interesting. Having an ice cream maker that can dispense quality ice cream at any time of the day will make it very convenient. The Happybuy Hard Ice Cream Machine is a good candidate for such events.
Boasting of a huge capacity of 5.2 gallons (20ltrs) per hour, this is a machine that will serve a huge number of people. It is a valuable appliance that will keep you in business throughout the event.
This maker has been designed to make ice cream making easy and enjoyable. It comes with a microcomputer and a digital display. These make it easy to operate and control ice cream flow.
A breakdown can see you make huge losses. The manufacturers had this in mind and have incorporated a technology that ensures minimum downtime. In addition to digitizing the ice cream making, the microcomputer diagnoses the machine’s operation.
Once the ice cream ice ready, the machine sends a signal to alert the operator. This alarm comes in handy in a busy ice cream shop. You can leave the machine to make ice cream for you as you set the cones.
Huge ice cream makers can be a little noisy. Happybuy is not one of those noisy machines. A high quality compressor makes it relatively quiet. The compressor ensures optimum heat transfer. It also provides a cold bridge. This bridge prevents unnecessary gain or loss of heat.
The R404A refrigerant in use is environmental friendly. Its readily available and easy to replace.
- Size: 28.5 x 21 x 29 inches
- Capacity: 5.2 gallon/20Ltrs
- Weight: 126.5 pounds
- Power: 750Watts
- Voltage: 60Hz/110 V
- Refrigerant: R 22/R 410 a
- Bucket Size: 7” (Diameter)
High Speed Multi-Flavor Ice Cream Maker
4. Donper USA D800H Commercial Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker
A busy beach calls for a workhorse. The only secret to making the best from the festive season is having the best ice cream maker. Customers will want to have ready ice cream all the time. This can only be achieved if your machine can run fast and for long.
The Donper USA D800H flavor machine produces around 50 quarts per hour making it one of the fastest machines. It easily meets the demand while giving great treats of frozen yogurt, sorbet, soft serve ice cream and gelato.
Fitted with two single horsepower motors, this machine proves to be set for the task ahead. Its compressor is air cooled. This makes it possible to produce fresh ice cream without damaging the tubes.
Donper Donper USA D800H introduces some of the latest ice cream making technology. This machine is designed to include an automatic return handle. This handle prevents accidental overruns. It also reduces material wastage thus ensuring efficiency and profitability.
Your summer business will be booming with this machine at hand. In less than 10 minutes, your frozen products should be ready to be served. Isn’t this amazing?
In addition to the high speed comes quality. This is a high quality ice cream machine and comes with a 3 yr warranty on the compressor and 2 yr warranty for the other parts.
- Size: 35”x 35”x 22”
- Capacity: 9.5Ltr*2
- Weight: 352lbs
- Refrigerant: R404A
Three Flavor Soft Serve Machine
5. Three Flavor 110 V Commercial Soft Ice Cream Cooling Making Maker
Popular for the double freezing cylinders, this Ice cream maker has taken the industry by storm. Running a commercial ice cream joint requires efficient ice cream production and this is exactly what this machine delivers.
The maker is fitted with four evaporators. These evaporators ensure that maximum heat is extracted. This combined with eco-friendly R404A refrigerant guarantees efficiency.
The machine has a powerful motor, shock protector and a paddle. The three work on tandem to reduce noise production and improve machine safety.
Technology wise, the machine is fitted with a modern microcomputer. This microcomputer makes it easy to operate the machine. It makes it easy to keep count of sales as it has a cone counting algorithm.
Clients have different tastes and preferences. With this machine, a mix of two flavors may be achieved. This will make a tasty cocktail that will be appealing to the customers.
The fact that speeds and mix ratios can be controlled makes this machine very friendly. The functions are automated but the user may make adjustments to suit their preference.
The machine’s body is coated with stainless steel. The stainless steel evaporator is coated with silica gel. The edible silica gel maximizes food safety.
- Size: 21”x 23.6”x 7”
- Capacity:3 liters
- Weight: 350 lbs
- Power: 1800 Watts
- Voltage: 110Volts
- Production rate: 20 to 30 ltr/Hour
- Refrigerant: R404A/380g
When choosing a commercial ice cream maker, it important to put into consideration the type of ice cream you want to make. You can buy a maker that only makes a particular ice cream type of one that makes several types.
It’s also important to consider the space available. You need to get a frozen dessert maker that will be economical on your space to allow easy operation and installation of other equipment. We hope that our guide will help you make the right decision when purchasing your commercial frozen dessert maker.